Mount Zion Christian Academy is an evangelistic school, committed to the mission of promoting the holistic development of the child in Christ—spiritually, academically, physically, socially, and mentally, in a balanced, safe and disciplined environment.
Philosophy of Education
Our basic philosophy is that Christian parents and guardians have the primary responsibility for training their children. Mount Zion Christian Academy unites with the parents to assist them in fulfilling this responsibility. The academy takes a team approach to education. The team members include:
- the student
- the parent
- the teacher
- staff members
- portions of the community (especially the Christian community
- the church and academy administrators
As the team works together, everyone benefits.
MZCA must be a “safe place physically, psychologically, and spiritually” in order to properly educate students. We respect each student and insist that this respect is mutual and consistent with all students, parents, teachers, and administrators.
The aims of the MZCA education program are:
- To give God the glory in all things.
- To teach the fundamentals of the Bible, language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, vocational and technical training.
- To provide a Christ-centered education that points the student to God (Colossians 1:16‑18).
- To give the students a Christ-centered education. (Colossians 1:16-18).
- To support the efforts of parents as they accept and fulfill their responsibility to give their children a Christian education. (Psalm 78:1‑7, Deuteronomy 6:7, Proverbs 6:20‑23).
- To reinforce the child’s obedience and loyalty to parents and other authority figures. (Malachi 4:5‑6, Proverbs 20:20, Isaiah 38:19)
- To equip children to view and evaluate all of life, experience, and knowledge from a Biblical perspective (Isaiah 55:6‑9, Proverbs 16:29)
- To encourage students to have a personal relationship with God, which manifests itself in knowing, loving, and fearing His authority.
- To equip each student with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively through reading, writing, listening, and speaking.
- To encourage creativity and an appreciation of the performing and visual arts.
- To teach the fundamentals of physical fitness, nutrition, and hygiene.